Well, clearly the last thing I need to do is start another blog. But this one is not designed for regularity and publicity and all that. This is the combination creative writing/self-motivation blog. This is the one I do for me, whenever I feel like it, however I feel like it.
So, how much you want to bet this is the one that gets a following? That's always the way.
It makes sense, though. On the one hand, everyone wants to be a writer. I'm hoping you'll follow my journey and share yours, as well.
On the other hand... everyone wants to be a writer. And not all of us will, and those of us who try have a lot of competition.
So what do I have to offer? Well, let's see...
- A head full of ideas.
- Three dismal failures at NaNoWriMo.
- A ton of poetry, some published, but very little recent.
- A notebook full of story elements that I intended to turn into a novel, until it fizzled. It's a decent character bible, though, and I intend to steal elements from it.
- A couple dozen half-finished, or half-started, stories.
- A thin portfolio of news articles, none recent.
- Three blogs, including this one.
Actually, let me amend that last. Technically, I have ten blogs. An old personal blog you're unlikely to find, a current personal blog that you can probably find if you're willing to put in the effort (no, I won't be helping), a blog about customer service I'd abandoned a few years ago but may be cannibalizing for ideas, a Press Ethics blog for school one semester, a single entry at BlogCritics (yes, I do plan to follow up there... eventually), a blog full of reviews, one full of anecdotes, the "share" link on Google Reader, and this one. But more on them another day.
Well. As the title says, Writers Write! And as the URL suggests, Laura (being me) Procrastinates. So here I will keep myself accountable to the world -- as if the world cares -- about my effort and progress. If you're out there, enjoy!