Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Inconvenient Inspiration

King David, naked but for the priestly ephod, dancing in ecstasy before the Ark of the CovenantImage via WikipediaOddly, I get a ton of inspiration during church. It's unfortunate, because I can't do anything about it at the time, and I feel terribly guilty about not concentrating on the service. And then I get home and 90% of the inspiration is gone.

How do you retain inspiration that comes at a time when you can't even take notes?
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Leave the guilt behind and take notes.

    You never know when divine providence will strike. Besides, if anyone gives you a cross look tell them you're taking dictation from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, both of you! I do that sometimes, but I always get this sense of, "If you're putting your wrtiting ahead of the service, you're not worshipping God, you're worshipping writing."

    Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura Hmm. My take on that is that God will understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your niggle, but I agree with jamiegrove. I'm sure there's a reason why you feel inspired in church. Who cares what people think? Just don't use a dictaphone. That would be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post though. It's hard to know about these things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jamiegrove, @notesfromaroom. Thanks. You're probably right. Heh, dictophone.

    ReplyDelete